Date published: 2021-11-02
Looking for the perfect gift for a senior man?
To help you find a fantastic gift he’ll love, we’ve rounded up 37 fantastic gifts for senior men.
There are 8 gift categories and dozens of product suggestions.
There are cozy comforts, lovely memories, everyday luxuries, household upgrades, cheerful accessories, mobility aids, tech tools she’ll love, and helpful delivery and transportation services.
You’re sure to find a thoughtful gift for the senior men in your life.
Browse 8 categories of gifts for senior men
To make it easier to browse these gift ideas for senior men, click these links below to jump directly to one of the eight categories on this page or keep scrolling to browse the full list.
6 everyday comforts
1) House slippers
Soft, warm, non-slip house slippers keep seniors comfortable and safe while lounging at home.
2) Comfy slipper/shoe hybrid
For those who enjoy a more substantial slipper, these comfy slipper/shoe hybrids are great.
3) Soft, warm robe
A plush robe makes chilly mornings or days much more pleasant and cozy.
4) Warm blanket/throw
A warm blanket is wonderful in winter and can also be used all year round to make their favorite seat even cozier and more comfortable.
5) Soothing massager
Get a soothing, warm massage anytime to ease aches and pains.
6) Weighted blanket
Weighted blankets have been scientifically proven to relieve distress and anxiety. They’re especially helpful for people with dementia and also great for anyone who has trouble sleeping, feels anxious, or would just enjoy feeling more relaxed.
Note: We’ve also got DIY weighted blanket instructions here.
3 entertaining activities
1) Window bird feeders
Get a close up look at beautiful birds from the comfort of an armchair with a simple window-mounted bird feeder.
2) Observe nature
Watch the changing weather with a weather station.
3) Jigsaw puzzles
These fun puzzles are sure to capture your older adult’s attention and are great for individual and group enjoyment.
6 everyday conveniences
1) Eyeglass chains
Reading glasses can be easy to misplace. These handy eyeglass chains and holder keep glasses close at hand.
2) Couch accessories
Keep necessities like a remote control, mobile or cordless phone, glasses, tissues, etc. within easy reach from his favorite seat.
3) Simple TV Remote
With an easy-to-use remote control, there’s no need to fumble with small buttons or press the wrong one.
4) Walker handle cushions
A walker handle cushion adds extra comfort. Plus, they’re washable, so they improve hygiene as well.
5) Walker caddy
This is a convenient, hands-free way to carry essentials while using a walker or rollator. These caddies are lightweight, water-resistant, washable, and available in a variety of colors/patterns.
6) Rollator covers
These stretchy covers transform standard rollator walkers into personalized accessories. They come in a variety of colors and patterns and are washable, which makes it easier to keep things clean and sanitary.
4 customized, useful keepsakes
1) Custom photo mugs
Design custom mugs with special photos to make staying hydrated more fun.
2) Create a special photo book so your older adult can reminisce anytime
3) Create a custom photo calendar that shows smiling family faces
4) Create a fun custom photo puzzle
Use family photos or pictures of places with special meaning to create a fun puzzle your older adult can put together again and again.
- Walmart – from $12, from 252 pieces and up
- Shutterfly – from $33, variety of photo layouts
- Portrait Puzzles – from $35, comes in a variety of sizes & number of pieces
3 everyday luxuries and lifestyle updates
We often forget how much joy everyday household items can bring. A few strategic updates (like new sheets or towels) can have a big positive impact on quality of life.
1) Luxurious bedding
- $47 Laura Ashley Home Flannel Collection Sheet Set, 100% Cotton, Blue Plaid, Queen
- $88 True Luxury 1000 Thread Count 100% Egyptian Cotton Sateen Bed Sheets, 4-Pc Set, Queen
- $70 California Design Den Luxury 600 Thread Count Sateen Cotton Sheet Set, Queen
- $42 JELLYMONI 100% Natural Cotton 3pcs Plaid Duvet Cover Set, Queen
- $49 Opcloud Duvet Cover Set, Green Pine Pattern, Full/Queen
- $59 Threshold Washed Waffle Weave Duvet Cover & Sham Set, Full/Queen
- $90 Hearth & Hand Textured Stripe Duvet & Sham Set
2) Bathroom essentials
5 helpful mobility aids
For older adults who use mobility aids, a snazzy new cane or walker is a wonderful and practical gift. We especially like the clever design of the Free2Go Rollator.
1) From $25 NOVA Designer Walking Cane with Offset Handle
This cane comes in a variety of great colors and patterns.
2) $63 Hugo Mobility Adjustable Quad Cane, Ebony
A black-colored quad cane that looks elegant and classic.
3) $70 Vive Carbon Fiber Quad Cane Ultra Lightweight Walking Stick
Get the extra stability of a quad cane without the weight.
4) $82 Drive Medical Four Wheel Rollator with Fold Up Removable Back Support
This rollator walker is easy to maneuver, lightweight, and has a handy seat and backrest for rest breaks
5) $260 Free2Go Rollator
This innovative rollator restores independence and dignity by combining the benefits of a rollator and raised toilet seat. It allows someone with reduced mobility to safely and independently use any toilet with confidence.
7 tech tools they’ll truly enjoy using
1) Digital photo frame
A digital photo frame is a wonderful way to view family photos. Some even allow family to add photos via email or through a mobile app.
- $26 Aluratek 7 Inch LCD Digital Photo Frame – supports 32GB USB flash drive/SD card
- $80 BSIMB Digital Photo Frame Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1024 x 600 IPS screen, has music and video playback, supports 32GB USB flash drive/SD card, and comes with a clock, reminder calendar functions, remote control
- $100 10 Inch WiFi Digital Photo Frame with HD Touch Screen – 1080p high-resolution IPS screen, email photos for instant display
- $170 Aura Carver Smart Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1920 x 1200 WUXGA display, unlimited cloud storage holds 10,000+ photos, safely add photos through the secure mobile app
- $180 Nixplay Smart Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch – 1280 x 800 HD IPS display, create a secure photo-sharing network for your family to share photos and short videos from their smartphone or by email
2) Smart digital photo frame with video calling
Another great gift is the ViewClix Smart Frame. It’s a digital photo frame with video calling and an auto-answer mode.
When auto-answer is set up, the older adult doesn’t need to do anything to receive a video call. This is especially helpful for making video calls to someone with dementia or who isn’t able to physically answer a call.
3) From $45 Amazon Echo Show “Alexa” voice assistant with video calling
The Amazon Echo Show is an Alexa personal voice assistant with a video screen. It’s similar to the Echo or Echo Dot, with the addition of a video screen.
To make video calls without your older adult needing to take action to accept the call, use the Echo’s “drop in” feature.
There are several types of these devices at different price points based on screen size, camera quality, and release date:
4) $60 Amazon Echo (4th Gen) “Alexa” voice assistant with voice calling
This hands-free, voice-controlled device makes voice calls, plays music, gives weather reports, reads the news, answers questions, tells jokes, reads audiobooks, checks sports scores, and more.
5) $35 Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen) “Alexa” voice assistant with voice calling
The Echo Dot is the smaller size, more affordable “little sibling” to the Amazon Echo.
It can do everything the Echo does, but has less powerful speakers and microphones.
6) Lively Easy-To-Use Mobile Phones
These easy-to-use mobile phones are designed especially with seniors in mind.
The phones have large screens, big buttons, loud speakers and have additional health and safety features like app link for families, 5Star Urgent Response, Urgent Care doctors and nurses, live Personal Operators, and connection to Lyft.
- Lively Jitterbug Flip2, $30 (70% off regular price) + monthly phone service – flip-style phone with big, bright buttons, powerful speaker, simple menus, Amazon Alexa, and more.
- Lively Jitterbug Smart3, $75 (50% off regular price) + monthly phone service – the simple smartphone with large screen, voice typing, powerful speaker, simple menus, mobile internet, camera, and more.
7) GrandPad Simple and Safe Tablet, from $58/month
This simple, secure tablet is perfect for seniors who want to video call with family and friends, safely browse the internet, view photos, listen to music, and more.
Top features include:
- Accessible apps for calls, emails, photos, music, news, and games
- No spam, robocalls, scams, or other unwanted email messages
- Easy to use with simple navigation, colorful buttons, and large fonts
- Live support 24/7 to answer questions
3 delivery and transportation services
1) Grocery delivery services
During the pandemic, many older adults have enjoyed the convenience of grocery delivery services. Gift cards for these services are thoughtful and practical presents.
Grocery delivery is available from a variety of stores, including:
2) Restaurant delivery
Many restaurants have also expanded their delivery services due to the pandemic.
Giving them a gift card to a local restaurant that offers home delivery means they can enjoy their favorite meals without needing to go out.
3) Transportation services
When your older adult needs to leave the house, private transportation is faster and safer than public transportion. Consider these giftcard options:
- GoGoGrandparent gift card – This is an on-demand ride service that’s perfect for seniors who don’t use smartphones. No mobile apps are needed and a live person is always available to help.
- Lyft or Uber gift card – On-demand rides are a convenient way for older adults to get where they need to go. Some senior organizations even offer concierge services that help seniors book rides.
Recommended for you:
This article reflects prices at publication, but prices and availability may change. This article wasn’t sponsored, but does contain affiliate links. We never link to products or services for the sole purpose of making a commission. Recommendations are based on our honest opinions. For more information, see How We Make Money.