Cauliflower has become one of the vegetables of choice lately since we can now prepare dishes that taste like mashed potatoes and rice from a head of cauliflower.
We all know vegetables are good for us and though I love most of them, many people do not. I often get creative with vegetables and try new spices and herbs for better taste. Those of us who have cooked for many years sometimes get bored with the same old foods and preparation methods.
Here are two of my favorite cauliflower recipes, and I hope you like them. My husband does all the grocery shopping and since he loves cauliflower we have it often.
1 head of cauliflower
1/3 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon each of garlic powder, coriander, oregano, cumin and basil
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 cup of chopped sweet onions
Juice from one lemon
Dry parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut up the cauliflower in small pieces and put in food processor until the pieces are very small and fine. I put the cauliflower pieces in a zip lock plastic bag and pound with my meat cleaver.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add all the spices along with the parsley and onions.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and blend well.
- Blend in the cauliflower and cook until cooked to your preference.
- Remove from the stove and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of chopped green onions
1 cup of chopped zucchini
1 tablespoon each of curry powder, turmeric powder, coriander, cinnamon, fennel
1/3 cup of avocado oil
Salt and pepper to your taste
1 cup of grated pepper jack cheese
For this recipe you will need a baking dish with a cover.
- Break up the cauliflower in small pieces.
- Blend all the veggies together in a small bowl.
- Mix the seasonings with the oil.
- Pour the seasoned oil over the veggies, covering all.
- Transfer the veggie mixture to your baking dish.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of the casserole and blend in between the veggies.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
Do you have a favorite way to prepare cauliflower? What is your favorite vegetable? Please share in the comments below.