My Grammy used to make the best zucchini bread. I ask my Aunt Martha for the recipe.
Guess what? The original recipe calls for two cups of sugar AND 3/4 cup vegetable oil. No wonder it was so good!
How do you lighten up zucchini bread?
Two things lightened up this zucchini bread recipe. First, I reduced the oil to 1/4 cup and secondly, I added nonfat Greek yogurt and unsweetened almond milk. Still delicious! Side note though, these are not overly sweet, so add additional artificial sweetener or more real sugar according to taste.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oil (I used grapeseed)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups zucchini
- Heat oven to 350. Mix all the ingredients together and divide between two baking pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool before removing.
- Serve with soft butter and a drizzle of honey.
This bread is NOT overly sweet, so add artificial sweeteners to taste for no added calories/points. If you add more real sugar, adjust your points accordingly.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 167Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
Is there a family favorite recipe you’d like me to lighten up? Let me know in the comments!